Science encourages students to be inspired, motivated and challenged. It is an integral part of our modern world and knowledge and a understanding of science helps us to make sense of it.
The Key Stage 3 Science curriculum is an integrated Science course which includes elements of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Investigative Science and ICT through use of Samsung tablets.
Science is a key part of the curriculum in Years 8, 9 and 10. Our Key Stage 3 Science programmes are designed for our pupils:
- to have a well-informed awareness of the role and importance of science in everyday life.
- to develop practical skills, including the ability to plan and carry out investigations
- to develop an appreciation of the beauty and fascination of the world around them
- to develop methodical and analytical approaches to problem solving
- to develop the ability to investigate new situations and ask appropriate questions (also available through Science/STEM Club)
Pupils will sit end of topic tests after each small section covered. A further, more comprehensive test in each science subject at the end of a ten week teaching block will also be completed. These results will form part of the overall summer grade.
Assessment scores will form decisions on GCSE Single/Double Award for Science.