In the Music Department there are many performing groups.
- The Junior Singers - around 40 members that meet two lunchtimes per week 1pm. Years 8-10
- The Orchestra - around 20 members that meet on a Tuesday and Thursday morning 8.15am. Years 8-14
- The Rock Bands - around 4 groups meet at various lunchtimes 1pm. Years 11-14
- The Recorder Group - around 30 members meet Tuesday lunchtime
- The Woodwind Ensemble - around 7 members meet Friday lunchtime 1pm. Years 11-14
- The Traditional Group - around 15 members meet Wednesday lunchtime 1pm. Years 8-14
- The String Group - around 8 members meet one morning and a lunchtime 1pm. Years 8-14
- The DJ Club – around 25 members meet one lunchtime 1pm. Years 8-14
All of the above groups participate in The Spring Concert which takes place annually. In 2014 this concert took place in The Ulster Hall and we hope to do this again in the near future. Various groups are involved in events throughout the year; Carol Services, Open Nights and Prize Nights.
Each year the Music Department enter into The Hollywood Festival.
Carol Services are performed annually in the local community's Nursing Homes; Ballyowen,Fruithill and Owenvale.
Pupils attend various talks and performances at Queen’s University.